Thursday, September 1, 2011

Super Elastic Bubble Plastic

Do you remember this stuff? While I was out walking yesterday I saw an awful-colored piece of chewed-up gum on the road. For whatever reason it reminded me of that goo we used to squeeze out of a tube, as kids, onto the end of a plastic straw and blow it into a bubble. As I always do I emailed my brother and asked him if he remembered. I can always count on him to remember this stuff. Super Elastic Bubble Plastic.



This is only some of what this retro web site had to say...

"Tired of blowing regular old soap bubbles? Looking for something a little longer-lasting, a little more psychedelic, something perhaps with noxious fumes? Well, the scientific minds at Wham-O toys had just what you were looking for, Super Elastic Bubble Plastic, that short-lived, but certainly well-remembered, tube of goop that delighted millions of kids during the 70s."

If you remember this stuff at all you must check out this web site for a trip down memory lane. 

Do you remember any other stuff you had as kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment