Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Religious vs Spiritual - make your case

I've heard it said, "I'm spiritual not religious". In fact, several years ago, I used these exact words myself. I go back now and ask myself what did that mean? For me it meant I believe in God, but I want to make my own rules. For example, I don't need to go to church, it's just a building. God is everywhere. What that really meant for me was I didn't even want to give God a little bit of my time. Get up on Sunday, NO WAY!

If you believe in God, do you think he has requirements of us? if yes, what are they?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I believe in God. I think God requires unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's that word. That 4 letter word. I have real difficulty with that word. I'm not really sure what it means. Maybe that should be a new post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete