Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene

I guess I should be grateful for the 24 hour talking heads. It's really hard to listen to the constant doomsday predictions and extravagant adjectives. It was such a beautiful day. I am really glad we now have this type of warning system to let us know when to be prepared for these storms. I just wish they would let it get closer before they started the constant reporting.

I remember my first hurricane memory. We "had" 4 very large locust trees in our back yard. As a kid I never even considered that they would fall in some wind. (Hurricane Bob or Belle - can't remember) It really didn't occur to me to be worried. Go figure, since I worried about everything as a kid.  I went to sleep and woke in the morning to every one of those tree's fallen over in our back yard. The miracle was they all fell in the only direction they could have, without hitting anything! Literally there was a very small area to the northwest. They didn't hit the neighbors house, or our house and didn't take down the electric wires. It truly was a miracle I will never forget that. They were HUGE tree's.

Any hurricane stories from the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment